Wednesday, June 12, 2019
How to Take Advantage of the Millions of Dollars of High Profit Work Happening with Clients You Already Have
3:35 pm – 3:55 pm | Trade Show Floor Education Theatre
In this session Building Service Contractors will learn how to enter the red hot, highly-profitable field of commercial property damage restoration. Attendees will learn how to develop a marketing strategy and utilize their existing sales force to add potentially hundreds of thousands – or even millions – of dollars in highly profitable (65 to 80 per cent Gross Profit) service work.
KEY DISCUSSION POINTS:
- The competitive advantage that will make your offering superior to restoration contractors
- A differentiation strategy that locks clients to you forever (if you do it right)!
- A sales process that works to get appointments and close more deals
- Learn how to generate amazing profit margins
- Learn why most restorers are moving to commercial work as fast as they can, but you’re already there
- Learn about all the resources you need to develop your most profitable service division
Tim Miller is the President of Business Development Associates (BDA) Inc., the cleaning and restoration industry’s foremost sales development, marketing strategy and profitability experts. The firm helps clients to increase top line revenues and bottom line net profits. BDA’s clients have generated over $100 million in new business. The company works exclusively in the cleaning and restoration industry, and has developed proprietary marketing, sales and profitability systems that it customizes and implements with its clients. Several operations, management and financial services are also offered to help clients maximize net profits. Miller is a highly-regarded expert in the industry and brings over 30 years of experience and a unique perspective to help clients overcome their business challenges, grow to the next level and maximize net profits. He speaks at multiple industry events and conferences throughout the year, is a published author in several industry trade magazines and also serves on Cleaning & Restoration’s Technical Advisory and Review Committee for Management and Marketing best practices for the cleaning and restoration industry. Miller can be reached at (847) 386-6556 or email@example.com.